Friday, September 25, 2009

Home Renos and a Delicious NZ Lamb Burger!

Time: 7:53pm
Mood: Glad it's Friday!
Song of the moment: Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me

So the home renos over the long weekend went well, but boy was painting a pain in the arse! I finally understand why no one offered to help us with painting that weekend. I did get a pity-offer from my sister, and I think it was because I was complaining about how no one offered to help. LoL :D But after all the hard work it turned out really good! I'm in love with chair rails now after doing our living room! Photos to come (I did take photos but it was when the room was still a mess. Now that we have moved the furniture back to it's original position I will take another photo). We also got the California blinds we had ordered mid-August and they are looking good too! Our next project - kitchen backsplash! I brought back some tile samples today - really loving the tumbled marble look! LoL we're really trying to take advantage of the home reno tax credit the Canadian gov't is offering. Why not right?

So earlier this month I was invited out for dinner with two of my coworkers. Apparently they go out every year to celebrate each other's birthdays, and they always pick a restaurant listed in the top 10 new Toronto restaurants. After being invited for some strange reason I felt like I had entered into this exclusive club - I was IN!! It felt really nice to be included though. On Tuesday we went to this French restaurant called Loire on Harbord St. While I was there I had what I consider the best New Zealand lamb burger I've ever had in my entire life. I am still thinking about how delicious it was! It just melted in my mouth. I suppose anything that contains brie cheese is a good thing! Must definitely go back to have that delicious burger!

Boy am I glad it's Friday! This has been... for a lack of a better word.. a strange one. It felt off and apparently I'm not the only one that felt this way. I felt like I was doing a puzzle and I kept trying to fit the wrong pieces together. Nothing sat right this week! And frustrations hit a high for me. I need to relax! On a good note, I had put together a report that, according to the CEO of the company I work for, was a f**king good report :D Glad I was able to do something right this week!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. web design design